For years I have wanted an easier and more effective way to quickly switch from one PC to another using the same keyboard/mouse. Until today I had to manually switch my keyboard and mouse or use a KVM. For me the KVM didn't work well when screen resolutions were different - and the PC's were slow in recognizing the now active keyboard and mouse in either situation.
And wouldn't sharing the clipboard between PC's be great? That all seemed like a dream... until now.
The answer is here - its software - and its free!
Synergy is free and open source, and according to their website always will be! Still if you like it remember to donate $10.00 or such to keep the developers motivated. They ask you for $50 which is a bit much for personal use but very reasonable for a business environment.
From their website:
Synergy lets you easily share your mouse and keyboard between multiple computers on your desk.
- Supported on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Simply move your mouse to any computer and start typing.
- Copy and paste between all of your computers.
- Encryption keeps sensitive data safe on public networks.
- Save space on your desktop by using one keyboard and mouse.
- All you need is a network connection (no extra cables).
Replacing hardware functionality with software. I love technology.
Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:52:00 AM